Monday, September 21, 2009

Experimentations.



I've been doing some smaller works on paper such as the one pictured. It helps me to bring some freshness to the larger paintings. I like that there is less need for planning at a small scale. I don't worry about how things will turn out, and it allows the opportunity for surprise.

As always, I have been working on some of my paintings for too long trying to get them right. I'm trying to improve by trying to extend each work session so that I can be in a serious, finishing this painting, now or never mode. On that note, I have four 12"x12" paintings I hope to have finished and posted by next Monday. My goal with paitnings of this size in the future is to do them in one session (maybe two if I need to let it dry for another layer). I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: